Soli Deo Gloria / Reformation Heritage Books. dw. 144pp.
We often think of Christ’s death and resurrection as important to the Christian life. But is there any benefit from Jesus’s ascension? Christopher Love reminds us of the great advantages of Christ going into heaven—not only that He prepares a place for us, but also that He will return and receive us to Himself, and we will be with Him evermore. The book touches on key end time teachings regarding the second coming of Christ, the millennial reign, the bodily resurrection, and the elects’ everlasting communion with the Lord. It also presents believers great comfort while they await Christ’s return.
Table of Contents:
1. Five Fundamental Doctrines of Religion
2. Christ’s Ascension to Heaven
3. Christ’s Preparations for His People
4. The Comfort of Christ’s Second Coming
5. The Thousand-Year Reign of Christ
6. The Manner of Christ’s Second Coming
7. The Reception of the Soul at Death
8. The Resurrection of the Body
9. Everlasting Communion with Christ
Christopher Love (1618–1651) was a Presbyterian pastor at St. Anne and St. Agnes, Aldersgate, and later at St. Lawrence Jewry.
“Christopher Love was a man eminent in grace, of singular life and conversation, and a pattern of piety worthy of imitation.”—Thomas Manton (1620–1677)
“The reverend author, though he had not attained many years, yet he had gotten much experience about soul affairs.” —Edmund Calamy (1660–1666)