RHB.-2016. bklt. 32pp. Cultivating Biblical Godliness Series.
Among evangelicals, singing psalms is largely a thing of the past. In this pamphlet, Joel R. Beeke gives nine reasons why churches ought to return to the ancient practice of psalm singing. Here you will find the biblical basis, the experiential benefits, and the sheer beauty and glory of singing psalms. Those hoping to recover biblical faith in our day will do well to take part in the Christ- exalting and soul-enriching worship found in the inspired Psalms.
The Biblical Basis for Singing the Psalms
- God Gave the Psalms for Israel and All Nations to Sing
- The Psalms Reveal Christ in His Sufferings and Glory
- Christ and the New Testament Church Sang the Psalms
The Experiential Benefits of Singing the Psalms
- Singing the Psalms Causes the Word of Christ to Dwell in Us Richly
- Singing the Psalms Helps Us to Be Filled with God’s Spirit
- Singing the Psalms Enables Us to Worship God in Every Experience
The Beauty and Glory of Singing the Psalms
- The Psalms Unite Us with believers of All Times
- The Psalms Lift Up Our Eyes to the Hope of Glory
- The Psalms Keep God Supreme in Our Worship