Saving Faith by John Colquhoun
Northampton Press - 2008. d.w. 292pp.
Another excellent work from this eminent Scottish Divine.
Scripture says that there are two kinds of faith: saving and non-saving. So how can a person know if he has the faith that saves? This is what the great Scottish preacher John Colquhoun addresses in the scarce title that has been out of print since 1824.
Colquhoun is the author of A Treatise on the Law and the Gospel, Spiritual Comfort, and Sermons on Important Doctrines. He is one of the finest of all Scottish Presbyterian preachers. His works are highly regarded by all who love the doctrines of grace.
Table of Contents:
- Of Faith in General
- The Formal Reason and Ground of Saving Faith
- The Objects of Saving Faith
- The Warrant for Believing or Trusting in Christ
- The Acts of Saving Faith
- The Assurance and Full Assurance of Faith
- The Adjuncts and Fruits of Saving Faith
- The Difference Between a True and a Counterfeit Faith
- Objections Answered