Edited by John W. KeddieIn this second annual volume of the Journal of the Free Church of Scotland (Continuing) Seminary in Inverness, the lecturers have again provided articles on a variety of topics (as listed below) relating to their own disciplines. In this volume a piece has also been included from 19th century Free Church Professor, George Smeaton (1814-1889). It is an address on ‘The True Preacher’ first given as a closing lecture at the New College (Edinburgh) Session of 1872 and formerly published in the Christian Treasury in 1872.
The contents are as follows;
- The Mediation of Christ – (2) His Offices. By John Morrison
- “Pray Ye the Lord of the Harvest”. By Harry Woods
- The Logos – Brief Expository Notes on John 1:1-5. By James Clark
- The Place and Usefulness of the Confession of Faith. By John Keddie
- Christophanies in the Old Testament. By Gavin Beers
- The True Preacher. By George Smeaton